Members Voice- Wrought Iron by JarieLyn



















I apologize for this late 'Members Voice', GingerV is on a trip to the states, and I did not receive JarieLyn's member voice...

So here is an idea of this weeks theme...

Wrought iron is an iron alloy with a very low carbon content, in comparison to steel, and has fibrous inclusions, known as slag. This is what gives it a "grain" resembling wood, which is visible when it is etched or bent to the point of failure. Wrought iron is tough, malleable, ductile and easily welded. Historically, it was known as "commercially pure iron", but now what we know as 'Wrought Iron' is fabricated.

Yard objects, fences, Old World Historic Iron- mostly found on Victorian Period Architecture or earlier...you guys get so creative, so have fun!

Chef E

Comments

  1. ChefE - thanks for catching this for us. in one of my posts i told everyone that would only post member voice if they sent it to us.... but JarieLyn is one of our faithfulls and am glad you did it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay everyone, I am so far behind. I'm all mixed up too because I thought this week was bridges. I went out and photographed bridges to post which I would have still been late but I'm just all messed up.

    Please accept my apologies for not giving a member's voice and for being so far behind. I will participate this coming week for favorite color. I should be back on track then and I will post faithfully from that point on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: