Member Voice - February 19, Town plaza by Redlan

It's an honor for me to be a host this week’s FSO. 

DSC_3926 Plaza is a Spanish word related to "field" which describes an open urban public space, such as a city square.  It’s the space where a large crowd gathers during public occasions or crisis.  The plaza remains a center of community life that is only equaled by the market-place.  In modern usage, a plaza can be any gathering place on a street or between buildings, a street intersection with a statue.  It’s a center of a town/city or a certain place.

Thanks again.  I am excited to see everyone's town plaza photos. Redlan ( aka - Rod Gelarde)

Photo: Plaza in Madrid, Spain – by GingerV

Comments

  1. hmmmm my town doesn't have a plaza. I have some nice plazas from Europe in my archives though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Houston there is a 'plaza' with fountain or reflecting pool in front of City hall. although we don't have 'rules' staying as close to 'my town' as possible is appreciated. Then in desperation you can go father and farther afield.... even to Europe or S America

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the definition, Rod, I wasn't really sure what a plaza was. Most helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was Town Pizza and I've been eating all week! Darn. I've got to get working on this one. We don't have a plaza either. So I either have to go to Mexico -- which would be fun -- or figure out some plaza-like thingie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any open place in your place, it's like a public park or a center place in your area. Bagman and Butler, you made me smile :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think, in the comments below: